** Great Setup Video from Smurfy FPV***
1) Download Drone Squad (iOS/Android) or if you already have it installed, go to the iOS or play store and make sure that you have the latest version installed.
2) Before launching the app, tap and hold the RaceTracker button for 3 seconds to enter pairing mode. You will see 4 pulsing blue lights.
3) Launch Drone Squad
4) Tap the "+" button and then tap "Start new time trial session"
5) Tap "Pair TBS RaceTracker"
6) Tap the Scan Button and once your RaceTracker is discovered, tap "Connect"
7) After the tracker pairs with the Drone Squad app, tap the frequency button to edit the settings
Optional: scroll down to select Shotgun Start or Flyover Start
8) Select the video frequency that you are using for your aircraft
The RaceTracker will be "listening" to this frequency in order to detect when you fly over it.
9) Calibrate the RaceTracker
This process will take into account your gate size, video transmitter, track layout and lap time
The calibration process sets the sensitivty of the RaceTracker. It can be though of as a bubble. When your quads video transmitter passes through the bubble, the RaceTracker will trigger a lap.
In order to get good covereage , place the quad two gate lengths from the tracker when calibrating. The calibration will take into account this distance and the Video Transmitter power. So it will be different for each setup.
Here's across section showing a RaceTracker calibrated for a 5 foot gate. The quad was placed 10 feet away from the RaceTracker.
Another important thing to note is the minimum lap time
10) Close the window and you will be taken to the Time Trial screen. Tap New Flight to begin.
11) Tap "Start Flight" to begin
12) If you are using Shotgun Start you will get a countdown, otherwise you can start whenever you like
While timing, the RaceTracker will show a solid green light:
And when a lap is triggered, the lights will flash.
13) When you are done with your flight, tap "Stop" to save your results
Timing Your First Flight
Did that make sense?