When i purchased my Racetracker and also persuaded several of our local MultiGP chapter members to purchase one, I was appalled to find there was no software that allowed them to be used for actual racing!! What we need is a Simple Race App:
- It MUST work offline. There are plenty of places on this planet that don't have 4G!!!
- It should countdown to the start.
- It should give periodic verbal time warnings (one minute, 30 seconds, 15 seconds, 10, 5,4,3,2,1 RACE OVER).
- It should COUNT LAPS!!!! This is the single most important function, more important than lap times since the vast majority of races are lap based, not lap time based.
- It should either stop counting laps after the timer ends or allow one additional lap per frequency (admin programmable). This allows for both formats of racing most in use today.
- Keep the day's race heats in a local database for later review or put in .pdf and email to admin later.
ITEMS that would be nice but not mandatory:
Assign pilot names to racetrackers, with dropdown box for multiple names with sharing racetrackers. Name selection done by admin before start of race.
Simplify connection by simply pairing to every racetracker within range. Individual racetrackers will already have been set up and calibrated by their owners before being placed at gate and unpaired.
GET RID OF STUPID ARCHAIC CHANNEL NAMING HORSECRAP!!!! We are adults and can handle FREQUENCYS!! 5840 is not a four letter word!!!!!