Thanks for all the swesome feedback, we really appreciate it
Really? I personally tested that and it appeared to be working. Maybe I messed up.
We originally thought that this may be a RaceTracker issue but recently determined that this is an iOS only app issue. We are working on a fix.
I thought of a workaround if two or more people are on iOS. It uses the fact that when a tracker is first discovered the RSSI for that moment is displayed. If you spread the trackers out during the initial pairing, you can use the RSSI to uniquely identify each tracker.
- Ask each pilot to quit the Drone Squad app and turn of their RaceTracker
- Have each pilot stand 20 feet apart from each other with their phones and trackers in hand
- Turn on tracker #1, open app, pair it, walk phone and tracker to the pit
- Turn on tracker #2, open app, look for the tracker with the highest RSSI value, pair that one, walk to the pit
- Turn on tracker #3, open app, look for the tracker with the highest RSSI value, pair that one, walk to the pit
It's not the greatest but what do you think?
I am not sure if you are experiencing something unusual or not. Could you tell me how many seconds it takes from the moment you tap the app icon until it displays a list of meet-ups?
I just tried this on iOS and just noticed that it says "Failed. Retry". I will contact the company that powers chat for us and let them know.