1) Elevate the tracker off the ground. (Water from dirt and grass absorbs the bluetooth signal). For example, you can use a tripod.
Pilots have created 3D printed mounts as well.
This mount will attach to a standard race gate pole
2) Take a look at the RaceTracker's signal strength (RSSI) on the RaceTracker Menu.
- -40 to -55 is a very strong connection
- 70 and above represents a good connection
- 100 and below represents a bad connection-90 is poor and anything above that number is better
Note: the RSSI value is only measured when the tracker is located after a scan. To get a new value, tap the rescan button.
3) Pro tip: Mount your antenna externally out of the top of the tracker so it is perpendicular to the ground.